Monday, October 28, 2013

Instant Karma's Gonna Got Me

Humph.


Just after "fixing" the front entry lights (Did I mention I also installed a rotary dimmer while I was at it?) the House of the Future got back at me.

Blown relay.  I think.


No, really.  Kids pushed the switch in too hard, jamming it in the on position, which sends a continuous signal to the realy, burning it out.  There is a technical term for this in the Archi/Electical world.  It is known as "shit be broke."

Now, it's possible they fried the switch, but I doubt it.  There's no clicky-buzzy sound (let me know if this is getting too technical) when you hit the switch anymore, on or off.

Lamp is good.  Brand spankin' new.  Works like a charm, provided, of course, that you screw it in somewhere else.  I'm sure you are all thinking of possible locations as we speak.

I believe the house just gave me a giant raspberry.


1 comment:

  1. I have replaced a fried switch before. Relatively new one too. I guess sh*t happens.

    ReplyDelete